oh sigh Moms? Does anyone know, in skin lotions, if leaf juice is

ginger and therefore is ginger the same as leaf juice? I have a skin allergy to ginger in lotions and some outright say they gave ginger in them and others say leaf juice. What are each of those in skin lotion?

Also - what's cetyl alcohol versus steryl alcohol? A lot of skin lotions have both of those in them too.

I've been diagnosed by a dermatologist with severe contact dermatologist - he says to use only Dove soap - but in between showers I am very badly dry and itchy and raw!!!! He gave me cream lotion script but won't let me be long term on it. He felt it won't come back. I can't get an appointment for three weeks and it's back!!!!

I started out with a rash and used dif. lotions to dry it up.

Does any one know of a skin lotion without ginger, no leaf juice, and neither of those kinds of alcohol?

I think I read that somewhere but I can't find any web that ginger and leaf juice in skin lotions are same thing

lfl

Asked by lfl at 5:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Health

• I don't have the answer to your question about ginger and leaf juice, but I have a suggestion for a moisturizer. As long as you don't have a tree nut allergy, coconut oil (yes, just a plain ole jar of virgin coconut oil) works wonders. You can find it at health food stores and online. It is solid at room temperature, and kind of melts as you apply it to your skin, so it's not really messy.
    ratviolin

Answer by ratviolin at 5:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Try coconut oil

Answer by rkoloms at 5:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• If you have such a bad allergy to common ingredients, maybe just get some Aloe gel.
    Anonymous

• you could go to a health food store and get pure shea butter.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• You could try Aveeno Baby. I just checked and no leaf juice or ginger. It does contain both kinds of alcohol you named though. But I swear by it. My kids are pretty sensitive when it comes to soap and lotion. So much so that they can't even use Johnson and johnson baby stuff. But the Aveeno baby soap and the Aveeno baby lotion are great.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• If you have questions and need information about cosmetic ingredients, check out this very rich site I found a few years ago:

http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/cosmetics/cosing/

I typed 'leaf juice' into the search and it seems that there are a variety of leaves used... I didn't see ginger but can't see how that matters --of course it could be ginger leaf juice. Have fun with the site, though --all kinds of information there!
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2010