Do you buy name brand food & clothing only or buy what you can afford?

I buy both. It depends on what it is.

Yellowrose9

Asked by Yellowrose9 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I buy what's on sale. I hate expensive items.
    TRUNINA

Answer by TRUNINA at 6:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• There is just some things you dont go off-brand on!!! You skimp where you can and break your bank where you have to, but always know when and where to spend it I think! :).
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I shop at wal*mart... they have my favorite short person jeans :o) As far as food goes, I buy what is good and what I like.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• If I find a brand that I like, I stick with it. Like my dd can only wear Pampers because they don't have that plastic material that makes her break out. If I see that a generic product has the same thing as the name brand, I'll go generic. Like you said, it just depends on what it is. Even if I can afford it, I'm all about saving money!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I'm about saving money. Always on sale + coupon for stockpile. : ) Always cash, no credit. If we can't afford to buy it outright, we save until we can including cars. The only thing that does not apply to is the house.
    Anonymous

• I buy a lot of name brand especially clothes, food I have some things I buy name brand of, and a lot of things I don't, there are some things that name brands really taste better. But I also shop sales, clearances, and use coupons.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• mostly store brands, but there are certain things I have to have name brand on... all foods... Pepsi... Ruffles... Velveeta :D and a few others
    Anonymous

• I just buy what I like. Some are name brand. Some are generic.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I buy the brand names at bargain prices so I get the best of both worlds

Answer by admckenzie at 6:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• At the grocery, there are about 3 things I will NEVER go cheap on, but the rest of it I go cheap and use coupons too so that helps with the name-brand things.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 6:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2010