Is it wrong of me??

My Husband was recently sent to jail. I have been taking care of our 2 kids full time living in a differnt state before he went away since sept. My sister has offered to watch my kids for a week while I travel to a differnt state to hang out with a friend i have not seen in a long time.

Is it wrong of me to take this vacation, while my husband is away?
I am paying alot of money on this trip being as if im going from virgina beach to houston to drop my kids off then going to california. I know this money could be used for something way more useful but its not like ill miss it.
I Feel like its wrong do to this with out my husband, Since we have been married i have always had our children while he worked and never got a day of me.

Is a week to long?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• If you have a good start on your retirement savings and on college savings for your kids, then go and have fun!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Is your friend a man or woman?
    Anonymous

• If you have already payed for the vacation go for it. Why is your DH in jail? Why are you waiting for him?

Answer by louise2 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• OP

My friend is a guy but he was also my husbands friend first, My husband said it was fine, but i know deep down he will be worried thats jus normal i guess.
    He is in jail for a wrong place wrong time, type of thing, yeah he messed up a little but should not have gotten what he got..
    Im waiting because he is my husband and i will stand behind him no matter what, I said i do to better or worse
    Anonymous

• Do you think we are stupid? Your friend is a guy? your looking to cheat that is all right? Please. You sound like a loose woman. Do what you want but as a lady, i really dont think much of ladies like you. Divorce your husband before you go tippie toeing behind his back.
    Anonymous

• Just because a man is a friend does not mean cheating will always happen. I dont think because i am married i should give up my high school friends. I will never Divorce my husband, i love this man more then anything. I know people will assume i will cheat on him with my friend and it does not bother me because myself and God knows what happens and to me that is all that matters. You go ahead and judge me and every other women you see talking to a man that is not her husband, but it is only gods place to judge.

And I have respect for my husband he knows every step of this trip and I would not want it any other way.
    As for being Stupid, I think you are acting that way to assume on something you know nothing about, you are the type of girl i could never be around, you judge based on the reasons you think you see. you seem to be the only one that likes to think its for more then a fun time
    Anonymous

• I'd go. Have fun

Answer by admckenzie at 6:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• No. You should not go. I only say that because the friend is a man and I think you are asking for trouble. If you are not in debt then use the money to go on vacation with a girlfriend or take the kids on vacation.
    michelle72

Answer by michelle72 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• If you have talked it over with your husband, which in relationships that's what you do first. If he said yes, then go. You need a break too. Who cares if it is a guy, women know how to limit themselves. So go, have fun!!!
    MommyRuquiyah

Answer by MommyRuquiyah at 7:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I think that if you know it will bother your Husband you should not go. I am sure he probably feels like he is in a catch 22 because if he tells you not to go he might be afraid you will get mad at go just out of spite, but if he tells you to go but deep down inside doesn't want you to maybe you will see that he doesn't really want you to go but go anyways because you are lonely since he cannot be there with you. I understand you want to get away for a while and you probably should, but I just don't think it is wise to go and visit a male friend.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2010