Do you dye your hair and how old are you, is it pressure from peers or your partner that you do it?

I'm 55 I don't die my hair. Hairdressers hate me cuz I don't do perms or dyes ever just short hair and sometimes makeup. I'm just too impatient of a person to sit and do perms or dyes -I'd rather be volunteering or with my kids when they're around. What about you?

Is Heidi Montag nuts for what she's done?

I'm not putting down any one for hairdyes or anything else - I just don't have the patience to sit for that that all. in my town now a lot of moms are naturally gray for some weird reason - the most of any town I've lived in. It's weird to see so many other moms who look like me all of us with gray hair!!!!!

lfl

Asked by lfl at 6:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i've always done highlights...and last week was the first time i actually colored all of my hair.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I am 25 and I love dying my hair. I have been doing it since I was probably 14-15. No peer pressure, just another one of those things I like to do :o)
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• 48 almost 49. Dye it because I want to. Not for anyone else. I told myself a 50 I would stop dieing it and see how gray I have become. Kind of getting a little scared though.
    It's like,, where did the time go. I went from 21 to almost 50.

Answer by louise2 at 6:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I used to when I was in highschool. Your typical highlights and streaks. I once tried coloring it "black cherry red" and purple. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you want to look at it, dyes don't show as well with my hair so you couldn't tell. I don't dye it anymore and certainly don't keep up with dye jobs anyways.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I got my first perm by my mother when I was 5... She did it twice a year until I was 13 because then I was TIRED of perms. So we started highlights. I still color my hair... well, make it more blonde than it is just because it makes me feel better. Maybe it's because I am so used to it... but it sure does build my self esteem! No peer or DH pressure either.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I bleach my hair and I am 26 I do it because I hate how dark and mousy it looks now that I don't live in a state with hot sunshine all the time. I used to always have bleach blonde hair now I have to pay to get it, and usually it isn't even done right it is so irritating.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Nearly 41 here. I dye for me and only me....when I chose to. The last round I had some highlights done in a fashion that it would camoflauge the grey as they grow in. I too hate to spend so much time in the chair getting my hair done. A perm, a fancy up-do....forget about it. I'd rather be out and about than to be sitting there with someone messing in my hair. Gimme hair long enough to form a pony if I want it and I currently sport the long swept bang dealie. I can leave it down simple and straight if I want or pony that mess on up and get off to whatever I really want to do. : )
    Anonymous

• I am 60, I dye my hair because I like the way my hair looks when I do, not to impress anyone but myself, been doing it since I was in my teens, now I do it to camouflage my sorted gray, my roots still come out dark!

Answer by older at 6:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I am 30....my hair is probably 50 percent grey...I didnt realize this until someone took my picture from the side and I saw it and I was freaked out...I am too young to be that grey!!!

So I started...just at home...its cheaper and faster....I just dye it my normal color a dark blonde.
    Anonymous

• I'm 32 and don't dye my hair. I don't plan to ever dye my hair.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2010