Worse to be a single parent or a woman who jumps from man to man?

This is in response to all of the "single" mom posts. I was a single mom for a while. I'm not ashamed of it. But atleast i did not jump from man to man in order to not be single. I know a lot of women do this for a variety of reasons. Do YOU (and you know who are you) think that would've been better for me? My child? To hop from guy to guy in order not to be labeled "single mom"? Or so I won't be alone? Or so I can use him in order not to work? I think not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Man jumping is not only horrible for your child but horrible for the mom. But desperate people do desperate things and sometimes money seems more important than mental stability. This crap comes back to bite both mom/child in the ass later.
    Anonymous

• I'm a single mom and I don't have guys around at all.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I am a proud single mom... I have been in two relationships since my son's dead beat dad left when I was 3 1/2 months pregnant... my son will be 7 in May. Went out with one for 3 months and one for 2 1/2 years. I just got out of a shitty relationship and don't need or want anyone right now. I always told myself that I was never going to be one of those ladies who always bringing differents guys home and I haven't. I am hoping that if I ever get into another relationship, he will be the one for us... until then, I am fine with being single.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with being a single mom - it's just something some women have to do - bad relationship, death, etc.

man jumping is wrong for anyone though, mom or not!
    Anonymous

• Definitely better to be a single mom, not a man-hopping woman.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I think that when you are a mom that you need to put your kids first, and having a ton of different men coming and going is teaching a bad lesson. Your kids should come first no matter if you are single married or bed hopping.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Another "ANONYMOUS coward! I'm a single mom, and I been with my boyfriend now for 2 years, and women who are married jump from bed to bed too. Do not think for a second that once you're married everything is fine and dandy because married people are the first to cheat.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I was a single mom and I was ok with it. I didn't need a man to take care of me. Some women just don't like being alone or want to be taken care of. To each her own. It doesn't make one person better than another.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Well said admckenzie. I do however believe in a 50/50 relationship. I pay my own bills, and I must have my own money. There were times when I would take my fiance out to dinner, and a movie, It goes both ways people.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• This is an odd question. Obviously its a bad idea to act as a hoochie-mama when you have children. There is nothing wrong with being a single mother especially since we don't know how you ended up being one (husbands death, cheating spouse, etc...). There is something wrong with being a single mother if you keep doing it on purpose to obtain benefits though. Thankfully, I only know of a couple of those kind of ladies.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 6:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2010