What happens if i have sex if i have plasenta privea.

I was told by the doctors that I have plasenta privea. I am very scared, they tell me if baby dont move up then I will have to have a c section, and I cant have sex! Is it really that bad to have sex. Can we just do it slowly??

Galy-520-

Asked by Galy-520- at 6:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it could separate from your uterus, causing bleeding which causes lack of oxygen to your baby which causes death.

You need to decide which is more important to you - Sex or your unborn baby?
    Anonymous

• No if they tell you not to have sex then don't do it. It is for the safety of YOU and the baby. The placenta can detach from the stimulation and kill both of you. Doctors don't ever say no sex unless they really really really mean it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Why is sex so important. That is a very serious condition! The fact that your baby could die and you could hemmoreage is frightening. Risking it by having sex should be the ultimate turn off.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Don't be stupid. Is sex worth risking your life?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Don't do it. The Doctor didn't tell you not to just to be a downer.
    Anonymous

• I had placenta previa and as a result of not completely listening to my doctor's my placenta detached from uterus I almost bled to death and my son was in the NICU for 8 days. So NO you should not have sex. Listen to everything your doctor says if you value yours and your child's life! Placent previa is a serious problem.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I have placenta previa too and we haven't had sex since it was discovered 5 weeks ago. I was told last week by the doc that it has moved but still not to have sex for a couple more weeks. Be prepared to put off sex for awhile, but girl you know it's worth it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jan. 18, 2010