Any suggestions??

My daughter is 3 and she gets lonely sometimes not having any siblings. She gets bored with me sometimes. I'm sticking to not have anymore kids until I'm married. (I'm no where near close) So I wanted to know how others void out the lonelyness in their child's life?

MommyRuquiyah

Asked by MommyRuquiyah at 6:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• what about the park or finding a play group?
    Have you looked in to head start? its the free preschool program if you qualify. She'd learn and make friends.
    Anonymous

• Playdates and activities.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• my son is going to get into head start, but he has brothers and sisters at his dad's house. maybe if you have siblings or cousins that have kids you could get together with them.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• pre-school at least part time, inviting other kids home for play-dates, taking her to places where there are lots of other kids her age.. the park, the playground, toddler friendly museums (in DC there is the Building museum which is free and has huge play area for toddlers) play areas in shopping malls, reading time in book shops and libraries. All these places are good for meeting other mom's in your area with toddlers. You can then have kids play together.

If you can afford it there are also lots of organized activities like ballet, gymnastics, tumbling gyms, soccer, singing, whatever that would give her interaction.

zharptitsa

Answer by zharptitsa at 7:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• She is in headstart, has been since last summer. But I just haven't connected with many parents there. It seems like the friends I do currently have don't always stick to the playdates that we make. She has one cousin that comes over, but not too often becasue they live far. Maybe I should try harder at her school though, thanks everyone.
    MommyRuquiyah

Answer by MommyRuquiyah at 7:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• i go to the gym, there is great fun for the kids there! the public library often has activities for kids as well.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I have a very active oldest child so in order to give her the stimulous she craved we went to the liberary reading group, playgroups, the park, we do things at the Y. She just started preschool and is loving it.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2010