Would you let him?

Okay, first of all... I am 17 weeks pregnant with twins... this is my third pregnancy and I'm pretty sure I have something called SPD -- it's where the pelvic bones "loosen up" a little too much and it causes a LOT of pain. Like, I am having a lot of trouble just getting a shower because it literally puts me in tears just to lift my leg up far enough to wash "down there." LoL. And if I get a bath instead, it hurts just as much to try and get up out of the tub when I'm done!

Soooo... the point of this question -- today my fiance and I were talking about this and he told me that he would wash down there for me. LoL. But... we have been together for 5 yrs and he has never seen me in the shower ... he hasn't even seen me TOTALLY naked unless it was in the dark. lmao. I am VERY self-conscious. So I don't know if I can do that or not. What if it were you? Would you let your SO wash there for you? lol

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I would because it is a loving gesture to try and help you through your pain. He loves you and is trying to show that love. Let him ease the discomfort for you. It might even help the two of you draw closer together as a couple.
    BTW, congrats. I hope that you can make it all the way through without too much pain.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 6:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Take his help, you really need it! I dont think he will judge you
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 6:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Take the help. After I had my second child my dh, who I had only known for 1 year, cleaned me up as best he could. I just looked at the ceiling, so embarrassed. Five years later we laugh about it.
    Anonymous

• my ex shaved me "down there" bc i couldn't reach around my pregnant belly. i think you'll be ok.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• When you have your twins he will see EVERYTHING!!! Lol So just think of this as practice. He loves you, he won't make fun of you. It's a little weird, but you have to stay clean without pain.
    MommyRuquiyah

Answer by MommyRuquiyah at 7:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Yes.. my bf didnt had a problem giving me a bath when i was preggo wit our son 2yrs ago .. i have alot of back problems and even to this date when my back pain get really bad where i cant lean or even walk he helps me wit shower or baths even put undies pants shows on bcse after all thse 2 pregnancy my back got bad
    Anonymous

• Having been where you are at (third pregnancy and twins at that) take his help. I know with my first two pregnancies I did not get very big at all but with the twins I got big and my skin hurt so bad, my pelvis hurt and my thigh joints hurt badly. I didn't care who saw what if it would help take the pain away or ease it.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Hell ya, if it hurts it is better to be clean.. ANd this could be a real bonding moment for the two of you. ANd help you to learn you are gorgous inside and out.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Aw, take his offer. My DH helped me shave my legs when I was too big to reach. He also trimmed my toe nails, and painted them for me. They really don't get to "help" during our pregnancy, so let him do what he can. Everyone one of us needs to be needed. Congrats.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I had SPD with my son and it hurt like hell..

If you SO is willing to help you let him. Maybe this will be an oppertunity for you to open up to him and make a safe word that if things get too uncomfortable for u then he'll stop.

If it gets like that invest in a removable shower head..that way u dont need any extra help :)
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 9:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2010