Would you let him?

Okay, first of all... I am 17 weeks pregnant with twins... this is my third pregnancy and I'm pretty sure I have something called SPD -- it's where the pelvic bones "loosen up" a little too much and it causes a LOT of pain. Like, I am having a lot of trouble just getting a shower because it literally puts me in tears just to lift my leg up far enough to wash "down there." LoL. And if I get a bath instead, it hurts just as much to try and get up out of the tub when I'm done!

Soooo... the point of this question -- today my fiance and I were talking about this and he told me that he would wash down there for me. LoL. But... we have been together for 5 yrs and he has never seen me in the shower ... he hasn't even seen me TOTALLY naked unless it was in the dark. lmao. I am VERY self-conscious. So I don't know if I can do that or not. What if it were you? Would you let your SO wash there for you? lol

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sweetie, if you have been together for 5 yrs, he loves you, let him help, If it eases your pain, and please do not be self conscience, becasue to me he loves you very much. Let him help. My husband is disabled and when I was pregnant, he helped me wash and dry cause I could not bend over. lol. We got alot closer because of it. Good Luck and Congrats on the twins
    got2boys

Answer by got2boys at 6:59 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• For the sake of hygiene, I would do my best to ignore my fears and just get it done... or look into bath brushes/ scrubbies with long handles (usually meant for the back).
    ReluctantMommy

Answer by ReluctantMommy at 6:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I 100% would let him. My husband used to help me in and out of the bath during my first pregnancy.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Yes - my husband helped me in and out of the tub late in pregnancy and even "trimmed" me up in that area late in my pregnancy with my last one when I couldn't see down there to do it myself.

Answer by missanc at 6:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I'm very self conscious too.

I'd go buy one of those poofy scrubber things on the long handle meant for washing your back instead!
    Anonymous

• I have always been very self conscious.... But I have now been with my DH since 9-2006, and married to him since 7-2007. We of course do take showers together, for one to save on water-Yes, I would let my DH help me if I wasn't able to do it myself.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• are you kiddin me? im VERY self concious too and sometimes i want the lights off when we have sex, but i still let him see me naked and we take showers together and wash eachother all the time. its time to get over that girl!! invite him in the shower with you & wash eachother.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• SInce you have kids together I am assuming he was there when you gave birth, so I say the gig is up, let him help you it is rare to have such a supportive man that wants to help you as much as he can. He has seen more than you think and obviously he isn't bothered so you shouldn't be either.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I like the lights off durring sex to I am over weight, if he opens the bathroom door i squick and yell to shut it and he laughs and says "I've seen it all b4! " :) then I just have to smile becuase we have been together for ALMOST 10 years. It's silly to feel that way weather you have been together 2 or 10 it's just natural! :) but I say yes let him, my hubby has even said he would help me shave! NOW THAT'S TRUE LOVE ... lol
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I would most def.. After my C-section with my daughter my husband gave me my baths for a while, and he washed me, nothing wrong with it, I thought it was wonderful he cared enough to do that for me:). Let him to help ease your pain!!
    MizMzBowz

Answer by MizMzBowz at 7:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2010