Do you need a prescription to get colored contacts?

I mean if it's just to change your eye color and not to help your vision. And can someone tell me how much it costs, please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Yes because the doctor has to give you the right measurements so that they fit your eyes.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:03 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• no there are a lot of places you can these kind of things. you can buy them at a mall around here. a guy i know bought white outs for around 90 bucks...and didn't pay his water bill (anyway). check it out online. i tried them but none of them fit my eyes. i had some that were prescription and the dr had to replace them with regular ones. you get what you pay for though and you can't return these fun things if they don't work for you.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• http://color-my-eyes.com/ here's a site
    angevil53

• you should get them from a qualified optometrist. Around here it would be around $100 for the exam, fitting, and a "sample" pair. After that, it would just depend on which contacts you chose (name brand) and where you bought them. When I worked for an optometrist I got some just for fun and it was somewhere in the neighborhood of $35/box - 3 pair.

Answer by missanc at 8:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• You should go to an optometrist to get your eyes measured for them - you have to make sure the coloring doesn't interfere with the pupil of your eye no matter how far it's dilated or it will mess with your ability to see.

But yes, an optometrist will let you order all sorts of colors and crazy designs just for fun without actually having any vision problems.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 5:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• http://1800color.com/
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• thats where i get mine !
    elias1mamma22