5 and 1/2 weeks pregnant.....Is this normal??

TMI warning....

I just found out that I am pregnant. I'm 5 and 1/2 weeks pregnant, I believe, and I'm having A LOT of discharge. It is kinda of an off-white-ish almost yellowish color. I don't have a doctor yet and I don't wanna go to the ER if this is normal. So is it normal? Anyone else experience this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds like it might be a yeast infection which is quite common due to the hormonal changes your body is going through. You can pick up the test strips at Walmart (I think they are Vagisil brand) to make sure though. If it is a yeast infection, you can use any of the 7 day treatments, just don't use the 3-day ones, they are too strong.
    Anonymous

• as long as your not bleeding alot of weird things are going to start happening but find a doctor really fast and keep them updated on anything your goinjg through
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 8:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• and if it is a yeast infection any plain whole ilk yogurt dipped on a tampon and inserted for 15-20 minutes a few time would clear that up, forget chemicals
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 8:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Dont stick a tampon in when pregnant it can cause a miscarriage. If it doesn't smell and isnt bothering you it is most likely normal. Ask the doctor if you need to.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• definitely don't go to the ER. google leukorrhea. some weird discharge is normal during pregnancy. if you are itchy, or it smells, it's probably an infection, but no need to go the ER, just call an OB or midwife and try to get an appointment soon. :)
    Anonymous

• how do you think a tampon will cause a miscarriage????? my doc told me to do the yogurt and tampon remedy
    wyattgrace

Answer by wyattgrace at 9:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I'm fairly certain that a tampon cannot cause a miscarriage. The reason they don't advise you inserting them is because it can irritate your already sensitive cervix and cause spotting, which though harmless can be very alarming. Stress that is unneeded.
    ShelbyRenee

Answer by ShelbyRenee at 2:37 AM on Jan. 18, 2010