what the hell are we supposed to do?

If I am in pain, and we can only take Tylenol, but the crap is being recalled, what am I supposed to take?
I am in really bad pain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if you are in your 1st or 2nd trimester, you can take ibuprofen. You just can't take it in the 3rd trimester. It is also not recommended for anyone with bleeding disorders as it thins the blood.

You could buy store brand tylenol. It's the tylenol company that had the problem, not acetaminophen in general.
    Anonymous

• What kind of pain are you having? I have not heard of Tylenol being recalled.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• By the store brand. That's what I take. It's cheaper and so far hasn't been recalled! =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 8:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I agree with the store brand, but check each one because lots of the store brands ARE made by Tylenol.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Check the tylenol recall site to see if the lot you have is even recalled.
    TabbyS

Answer by TabbyS at 8:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Ask your doctor. Other things that help pain in pregnancy are heat applications. Not heating pads because they can over heat but the beans bags that you buy and heat in the microwave. They helped even when the tylenol wasn't cutting it. It depends on where your pain is. Is it leg, back, in the stomach, everywhere?
    Anonymous

• first...check the tylenol website to take a look at the recall list...the recall doesn't apply to ALL tylenol products... there are certain lot numbers that are being recalled of various tylenol products... second, like mentioned, try a generic brand... sounds like you may just need to relax a bit.. try a nice warm bath... calm your nerves... call the doctor in the morning if you just cannot stand your aches and pains.. good luck momma
    Anonymous

• get the store brand. DO NOT TAKE IBUPROFEN!!! IT IS NOT SAFE!
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• THANKS for all of your suggestions. I am 28 weeks today. It never even crossed my mind to get store brand lol. I am so frustrated (abcessed tooth pain) and tired of pregnancy, I apologize for the mini rant. Thanks ladies
    Anonymous

• you can use stronger things if necessary. i was on demarol, darvocet, percocet, and i also took vicodin when needed. if pain is really bad just ask for something stronger.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2010