Positive pregnancy test turned negative?

I took an equate brand pregnancy test and it wasn't working right away, so I tilted it and the "screen" turned purplish and read positive, then a few minutes later it turned negative. Has anyone had this happen? If so, did you turn out to be pregnant or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well you are not suppose to tip a HPT you are suppose to keep the tip down then lay it flat. The instructions might tell you this. EPT does. I would retake a test in the morning and don't tilt the tip up, keep it down then flat. Also a test does expire after about 10 minutes like PP said. Follow the instructions. I hope you get the answer that you want when you retest !!! :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• pee evaporates. what did it read as during the window of time you are supposed to read it in?
    Anonymous

• I've never had this happen but I'd be willing to bet you're pregnant. Retest in the morning.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 8:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• the test expires after a period of time, i think its like 10 minutes or so.. you can check the directions... they will say that all showing results are void after so many minutes... if it said positive at first, you probably are. retest again though to be sure!
    Anonymous

• I agree with others, retest to be sure
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• retest with a diff brand
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 17, 2010