Why do people think it should be free to live in America?

I hear it from all income levels we are tired of paying any kind of tax. Well we would not have an "America" if there wasn't taxes. Our government produces nothing, makes nothing and provides no services for a cash return.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Because we all complain about money. It will always be that way.
    Anonymous

• People have been objecting to Income Tax since it began so many many years ago. People don't want to pay...they always complain about anything that involves money. It has alwaysw been that way and always will be that way. There have been a few who have refused to file their taxes...and they are in jail. Oh well.....
    Anonymous

• I have no problem with paying our taxes - I have a problem with those funds mis-appropriated. When government officials think they know how the middle and lower classes NEED funds - when they have never been in the lower class - and how our public assistance programs are abused.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Hon, people have been complaining about it since Pollock v Farmer's Loan and Trust. Since then people have claimed the 16th Amendment was never properly ratified. If an amendment isn't properly ratified it is null and void and is not part of the constitution. So thats where people fall those whom believe it was ratified and those whom don't.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 8:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• What RutterMama said! ^
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• People just like to bitch, after taxes it's the weather either too cold or too hot...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I have no problem with paying some taxes, but I think we pay entirely too much.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Paying taxes is just a part of life. What I get tired of is people complaining where the taxes go yet they dont vote or do anything constructive except criticise people who use public assistance in any form. The gov't wastes way more of our taxes for things like bail-outs for over extended corporations & lending money to foreign countries!
    Anonymous

• We who pay very high taxes get very sick to see people who never pay get $10k back.

Not only do we pay during the year, but at the end they want $$$$$ more.

You who do not pay or pay very little think nothing of it. I would like to ask you "how do feel if they wanted 60% of your pay the end of the Year?? would you be happy???? THINK NOT!!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• What do you think would happen if people stopped fighting taxes? Americans pay far more than any other country.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jan. 18, 2010