HELP PLEASE!!!!! how can I help my son with his growing pains?!?!?!

My son is only 3yo. He will be playing and everything will be fine then he will just fall to the ground and cry out that his legs hurt :( I will pick him up and put him on the couch and just hold him until they stop hurting (which is usually just a few minutes). Most of the time it hurts so bad that he doesn't want me to touch them. Well last night we were up all night with him in pain :o( There was nothing that I could do to help him. Have any of you dealt with this and what do I do?

Adelle

Asked by Adelle at 8:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Health

• flax seed oil a tbsp ad ay
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 8:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• and massages
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 8:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I alwasy message my little ones legs.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My MIL was told to have my husband wear cowboy boots. The heel positioned his legs a certain way that kept the pains from happening so often. It worked. He wore them for a couple of years and stopped getting the pains.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• to the message, he wont let me touch them :o( to the cowboy boot, that sounds like a good idea, I will have to try that :p
    Adelle

Answer by Adelle at 8:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My dd had them and I didn't do anything. They went away.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I know it is heart breaking watching your child in pain, My son gets growing pains a lot, it will wake him out of a dead sleeps just crying in pain! I always give him some tylenol because his last a while. Put the heating pad on low and let him lay there with that for a while, I also massage his legs too. Maybe try like a bengay, it is fast acting!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 9:42 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Suprisingly, the Hylands teething tabs really help with growing pains. Also, give him a kiwi (way more potassium than banana) every evening.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:28 AM on Jan. 18, 2010