Is there a bible...

that is not written in the long poem format? More like normal english. KWIM? I have the NCV one that at least doesn't have all the Thee's and Thou's. But it is still difficult for me to just read. It's still like trying to read Shakespear or something. I want simpler!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My husband has the NSRV youth bible. He got it when he converted. It is simple and explains a lot. I love it so much I use it more than him
    Anonymous

• Harper Collins Study Bible Full Rev & Updated ISBN 978-0-06-078685-4

without the
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• try beginner bibles

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• opps its an english translation...without all the thou and arts
    tntmom1027

• OP Here
    I also have the Precious Moment's First Bible for kids (my son's) but it's still just as hard to read, just doesn't have the thees and thous just like my other one.

Anonymous

• I understand wanting to be able to read in simplicity... but I would have to say you should be very careful as to the various versions out there. Some are totally NOT even close the original. Even the KJV has many errors from the original manuscripts. So we have to be wise when we select them. I would WARN against the Message Bible because while it might read VERY easy... it has MUCH MUCH translated wrong and even way out of line with KJV!
    Please just remember... ALL KNOWLEDGE COMES FROM OUR FATHER GOD THROUGH HIS SON CHRIST JESUS THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT... so, ask for the SPIRIT of UNDERSTANDING before you try to read. I used to feel the exact same way as you when I read. But I continued to pray about UNDERSTANDING and God gave me that! Now I can read KJV with ease!
    Also, the spirit of confusion is not of OUR FATHER but rather of the devil. SO, if you feel confused when you begin reading the Word of God... just pray!
    LoveWiseCouncel

Answer by LoveWiseCouncel at 8:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• anon@:30- will have to look into that one the next time I'm at the book store! Looked it up online and I think it might be just what I'm looking for!
    Anonymous

• I find NASB to be simple and I like The Message which I use for a paraphrase of whatever scripture I am looking at.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• New World Translation.

Georgia
    Anonymous