any home remedies for a stuffy/runny nose for an 18 month old?

I probably can't get her to the doctor till tomorrow afternoon and I just want her to feel a little better until she gets medicine! Any ideas?

Mrs.Loeffel

Asked by Mrs.Loeffel at 8:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• a warm bath.....or you take a HOT shower and let her color in the floor or just run the water for the steam....they also make a great vics for small children and saline nasal spray. In my opinion all of the above work better with no side effects them meds......most of the time
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE using Johnson and johnsons' vapor bath in a nice warm bath or EVEN a shower for toddler...i've always used it even when my 2yr old was a little guy...gets his nose running a mile an hour, wipe boogies away and :) you've got an easier breather :) GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• i agree with ambernicole.

Im having same problem along with a cough with my 2 yr old... went to the pharmacy today and the pharmacist recommended a vics waterless vaporizer..its a nightlight that plugs into the wall and has a vics pad in it.

Im going to try try that tonight
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• the j&j bath and waterless vaporizer all work excellent too....and unless their is an infection, or allergies then the Dr really wont give a child that age anything and really shouldnt. The most they will tell you is what is alrealy been posted...I know it sucks when little ones are suffering a stuffy nose, but all of the above will work wonders
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Um... the shower thing works awesome but the child can't stay in the shower all night. I would suggest getting a humidifier and trying that along with a pediacare vapor plug in. I have one of those plugin's for my daughter as well as one for myself. they are THAT awesome. saline drops are good, The johnsons vapor bath is awesome, they also have a generic of that at babiesrus, oh and the vicks baby rub. good luck
    clarasmommy08

Answer by clarasmommy08 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 17, 2010