OK Catholics, who is your favorite saint, saint prayer, novena or rosary prayer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My favorite saint is Teresa of the Rose. She is my saint from my confirmation.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I like St. Catherine of Siena.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 8:59 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My favorite is St. Brigid.
    Anonymous

• Ima a total Jude girl!
    Anonymous

• Not sure I can pick one favorite, but have recently learned about St. Philomena and the many miracles attributed to her intercession.

NOVENA PRAYER TO
    SAINT PHILOMENA
    We beseech Thee, O Lord, to grant us the pardon of our sins by the intercession of Saint , virgin and martyr, who was always pleasing in Thy sight by her eminent chastity and by the profession of every virtue. Amen.

Illustrious virgin and martyr, Saint Philomena, behold me prostrate before the throne whereupon it has pleased the Most Holy Trinity to place thee. Full of confidence in thy protection, I entreat thee to intercede for me with God, from the heights of Heaven deign to cast a glance upon thy humble client! Spouse of Christ, sustain me in suffering, fortify me in temptation, protect me in the dangers surrounding me, obtain for me the graces necessary to me, and in particular
    (Here specify your petition).
    LibbyLife

Answer by LibbyLife at 10:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• (continued)

Above all, assist me at the hour of my death. Saint Philomena, powerful with God, pray for us. Amen.

O God, Most Holy Trinity, we thank Thee for the graces Thou didst bestow upon the Blessed Virgin Mary, and upon Thy handmaid Philomena, through whose intercession we implore Thy Mercy. Amen.

LibbyLife

Answer by LibbyLife at 10:42 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I have a lot of favorites...but I guess my Baptism Patron St. Mary of Bethany (Lazarus and Martha's sister) and my Confirmation saint, St. Teresa of Avila...and then of course there's my son's patron, St. Augustine of Hippo he's pretty cool.

St. Philomena is cool.

I don't have an all-time favorite prayer, but I do like The Divine Mercy Chaplet.

I like Pslam 139 real well where it talks about "You knit me in my mother's womb." I really like that image.

Also, Numbers...I can't remember what chapter and verse...where it says "May the Lord bless you and keep you, may His face shine upon you and grant you peace." I say that to my son as part of his prayers before bed.
    MamaBee07

Answer by MamaBee07 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I love the divine mercy chaplet in song here is one of the many clips on youtube

Anonymous

• Besides Hail Mary I've always liked St. Cahterine of Siena because she is my Confirmation Saint.

Novena To
    St. Catherine of Siena

Heavenly Father,
    your glory is in your saints.
    We praise your glory
    in the life of the admirable St. Catherine of Siena,
    virgin and doctor of the Church.
    Her whole life was a noble sacrifice
    inspired by an ardent love of Jesus,
    your unblemished Lamb.
    In troubled times
    she strenuously upheld the rights
    of His beloved spouse, the Church.
    Father, honour her merits
    and hear her prayers for each of us,
    and for our whole parish family dedicated to her.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:16 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• cont...

Help us to pass unscathed through the corruption of this world,
    and to remain unshakably faithful
    to the church in word, deed, and example.
    Help us always to see in the Vicar of Christ
    an anchor in the storms of life,
    and a beacon of light to the harbour of your Love,
    in this dark night of your times and men's souls.
    Grant also to each of us our special petition...

(State your need here...)

We ask this through Jesus, your Son,
    in the bond of the Holy Spirit.

Amen.

St. Catherine of Siena,
    Pray for us.

RyansMom001