A co-worker SWEARS she was pregnant a full 12 months...ever heard of this?

She is old....like 80 or so...she totally belives this and SWEARS that it was a full 12 months..

I think she is a nut...what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think she's a nut! or maybe just an idiot.
    Anonymous

• If she is that old it is possible to be pregnant that long, the baby may have had growth issues in the womb, we don't deliver until 10 months in all honesty and a lot of people are overdue, and there could have been a medical issue then as well. It isn't likely but it is possible.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• It is very possible to be pregnant that long. Like true said - we actually don't deliver until 10 months. You just never know.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• She didn't have the correct due date,I'm sure. ANd then again,if she is 80, maybe she is in early Alzheimers? It sounds like she is not well.
    Anonymous

• it was once considered normal to go for 40-48 weeks...
    that's almost a whole year, but i'd say she's old and probably exaggerating.........
    katatrinakay

Answer by katatrinakay at 9:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• they didnt have the ultrasound/heartbeat baby monitor then, maybe she got preggo, miscarried early enough to not show blood, unknowing of that got pregs again in 3 months... could have happened i guess. you cant argue that stuff with old ladies, it isnt worth the trouble. but that is the only logical way to think you were pregs 12 months... like 11 months okay, that is 4 full weeks past term. we all cook them at different rates. my second was born at 35 weeks, 8 lbs. he was done... but i dont think you could possible be 8 full weeks overdue without dying..
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I WAS JUST GONNA PUT WHAT AMALIAD PUT ......
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My grandmother was born in 1928 and she died in 1982 when she was 47 years old. She always swore that she carried my uncle (who was born in 1950) for 12 mos.. he did weigh close to 15#'s when he was born so, who knows.

My 1st son was due 8/14/86 and on 8/25 I still had not gone in to labor. My doctor set my inducement for 9/11/86. As it was I went in to labor on 8/29 but had I not my son would have been almost a month late which would have been almost 11 mos. of being pregnant so I don't suppose that it would have been a huge stretch before a certain time and medical advancements for a woman to go overdue by a month or 2.
    Anonymous

• a mo late wouldn't suprise me
    Anonymous

• Aren't old people fun? I just love 'em. I think she's nuts, but that's totally allowed when you're 80.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2010