How can I find childcare for night shifts?

My husband and I both work shift work, I will be returning in August and have no idea what to do for childcare for our baby girl when we both have to work night shifts. Thanks.

Mish999

Asked by Mish999 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Look in your phone book or on the internet for childcare centers around your house. I didnt need it but when I was looking for childcare for my son there was a child care center that was open 24 hours a day. Another great place is called nannies4hire.com you have to pay but they do a back ground check!!!
    Anonymous

• Yes it is hard to find childcare for night shift. You might have to put an ad out about looking for someone to do night shift. I'm a SAHM and was looking for a child to watch in my home. I was not as picky about hours so you may find a mom like that. But you mostly will find teens or college students that would be able to do that. Good Luck.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I work at macy so I needed someone that could watch my daughter on saturdays and evenings. Try lookiing for a home daycare. That is where i had to put my daughter. Everywhere else was m-f day shift
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I am having the same problem! I work 6pm-6am some nights. Let me know if you find someone, maybe she could help me out too!
    MyKenzieGirl

Answer by MyKenzieGirl at 10:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Try putting an ad on CraigsList.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 7:26 AM on Jan. 19, 2010