Do you make your husbands plate? I just make mine and my youngest plate.

Sometimes my husband expects me to make his, but I refuse there is no reason why he can't do it. My mom always said never do anything for a man that he can't do for himself because he will expect it all the time. I also refuse to iron his clothes.

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 9:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes I do. I usually have portions figured out according to how many servings I expect a meal to make. So I give him his portion, of course if he wants more it is perfectly all right, but he rarely does. I don't mind at all doing some things for him.

Answer by Bmat at 9:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I make plates. But he irons my clothes. He's not really allowed in the kitchen. Food is ruined if he just looks at it. He also vacuums and mops and helps with laundry. We've got a good system going.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• i get my husbands plate put together for him. i just do it. i guess i kinda got used to it because he works shifts and some nights i have to put a plate away for him for when he gets home. but i don't iron, that is his job, his uniforms. i don't think there is anything wrong with it as long as hubby isn't a complete bum. he'll get up to get a refill on his drink, never asks unless i am already in there.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• No. He makes my plate. :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• It goes both ways..theres days when i get his plates ready and some he does mine

If you don't do ANYTHING for your husband and DEMAND he do stuff for you thats compeletely unfair. It's a two way street..
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 9:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I sure do! I make up everyone's plates, and once everyone is sitting I serve too...If I don't we never sit down together.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Yes, and I iron his clothes. He is always appreciative of it. Why wouldnt I do those things for him?
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Yes I do.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• It depends on who cooks that night!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I make everyone's plates most of the time and sometimes he makes everyone's. I feel like if I'm there filling plates for myself and the kids, what's one more plate?
    Anonymous