How can I let him know I'm sorry again, and want him to come home.

So my ex and I have been on and off again. This time I realize how amazing he was. We have a baby girl together, but we always fight. I want to stop the fighting and bring him home. He currently has a girlfriend but they have been dating maybe a week and I think its to make me mad. Im not mad more hurt than anything. But being a single parent and him being gone just makes me want him back more and more. I would like to know some special/ nice ways to show him I'm sorry and I love him more than ever....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like a toxic relationship. Not a good example for your baby girl. If he is seriously only dating this other girl to get back at you, than he is EXTREMELY immature and probably insecure as well. Why don't you work on making yourself a better person (at least for the sake of your daughter) and hopefully he will do the same as well. Then maybe you two can think about creating a life together.
    Anonymous

• You said you always fight, after your over his first night back, those reasons you fought before will come back. on top of the fat that he's been sleeping with another women..are you sure you can handle that? I think if you fought so mucch before leave it at that no one can just snap fingers and change...no matter how much we may want to. You'd have to gradually start dating again, go to therapy or counseling or things will be right back where they were.....there are reasons you fought, if you lost respect for him and feel you treated him bad,somewhere along the line there were reasons you lost respect etc.
    Anonymous

• it is ok to still love someone and not be with them.u wasnt happy always fighting? take this time to think about ur child,this on again and off again will only drag things and make them worse. ive been there done that.try giving it some time,ive seen alot of relationships get back together after a year or so.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I think the hardest thing to do is let someone go that wasn't good for you to begin with and even harder is moving on. I remember my ex and I had the worst relationship and despite that at one point i remember crying on the phone and begging him to take me back and start over. Looking back that was the most foolish thing I could have done, and I'm glad he didn't take me back. I struggled for a good two years, and it was the worst part of my life but eventually I moved on. I will say that the best advice i can give you is not to jump into a relationship with someone else until you are totally independent and can have the emotional and financial stability so you can have good self esteem in the event you are ever in a bad relationship again you can leave. The fact that he got a girlfriend just to make you mad says that he's not quite mature, and doesn't truly love or respect you. You have to be strong for your daughters sake.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 9:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• (cont) you have to understand that now your life choices affect your daughter and it's not just your feelings that matter in all this. Chances are if you fought before you'll fight again and as one poster mentioned here those issues WILL resurface eventually. She doesn't need to be a victim of an unhealthy relationship, she didn't ask to be born into a fighting(dysfunctional) family. So think of her and know that you are doing what's in her best interests as well as yours. Go see a counselor, priest, pastor, elder, whomever you can trust and let them help you through this. It won't be easy, but I assure you that's the best thing to do is to just let him go and move on.

Good luck. :)
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 9:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I agree with anon, it sounds toxic and unstable. Let him go.
    Anonymous

• Honey,
    I really hope you read this and "REALLY HEAR ME "

PLEASE !!!!!

READ YOUR QUESTION......................................

This is not a good relationship, HE IS CLEARLY USING YOU.
    THIS IS ABUSE !!!!!

Emtionally, or verbal , maybe other-wise
    .
    PLEASE MAIL ME....
    If you are inerested in HELP with this.
    JUST GO TO MY PROFILE AND LOOK AT IT ...PLEASE ♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 1:35 AM on Jan. 18, 2010