My 11 year old daughter clingy to her 13 year old sister?

When my 11 year old daughter started 6th grade she became slightly clingy to my daughter in 8th grade. When they were at separate schools they never really got along and still don't at home. However my 11 year old refuses to go to school events like the plays, services and sports games without my 13 year old being there and when she isn't feeling well and doesn't go to school my younger daughter gets antsy about going by herself. Honestly I think it's kind of cute, but next year my daughter will be in high school and my 11 year old will be in school without other family members for the rest of her middle school years. I want her to feel more independent in school and not so reliant on her big sister.

eliza738

Asked by eliza738 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• By next year she will feel more confident. Usually the upper classmen pick on the little ones. Once the oldest dd's classmates leave the little one should be ok. Plus the bullies will pick on the new 6th graders and leave the 7th graders alone.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2010