no more milk?

My one year old son all of a sudden don't want milk anymore? whats up with that? he loved milk yesterday?! lol and whats weird about that is he only wants water in his bottle

beautiful2257

Asked by beautiful2257 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They go through phases. I wouldn't worry until after after 5 days or so.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My youngest daugther will go thru days where she does not milk and only wants water or juice. Then we have days she want only milk. They are learning and seeing what they can control in there life.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• add nesquick i think im spelling that my son loved strawberry flav when he was smaller now loves choc.
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 9:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• thats the only way my son wud drink milk and i told my doc about it and nesquick is actually gud for them has alot of vitiamns in it :)
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 9:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• So take the bottle away. Put milk in the sippy cup instead, and no more bottle. I disagree with using anything in the milk though, as it's very high in sugar, no matter what you use (syrup, powder, etc).
    Anonymous

• yeah welcome to they i dont like that face. my dd would love to drink milk now she hates, she also loved eggs, cheese, chicken and other foods and now she hates them,. she is 3 now and for the past year if i can get her to eat one meal and a few snacks thats a good day
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• lol what kind of doctor would say nesquik is GOOD for a toddler?
    Anonymous

• He probably figured out that he isn't a baby cow! Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. While cow mild is rich in protein, the kind of protein that is contains is casein, while human milk protein is lactalbumin, with is easily digestible; more the 50% of casein isn’t digested and can cause health problems later in life, like food allergies. Here is some of what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 7:19 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• rkoloms is right! nothing wrong with water to drink!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• When my DD had a cold she didn't want to drink milk. I think it was causing to much mucous in her throat ( I know ewww). When the cold susided and she didn't look like a glazed donut anymore she was happy to have her milk back.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 12:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2010