daycare or home schooling?

my mom is watching my 22 year old son instead of taking my daycare. its about 150 a week but i get a discount. but she wants to watch him so we can save money, but i fear of her health, time, tolearnace etc. my husband doesn't care but i feel like were taking advantage of her because she watches him and then she watches him when we have date night. is it a compromise to let her watch him til he is potty train or til he's three? is it wrong to let her watch him?

mommastink

Asked by mommastink at 9:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• correction 22 month son!
    mommastink

Answer by mommastink at 9:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• If everyone is happy with it I see no reason not to allow it. I'm sure she'll tell you if it's too much for her. So try it on a trial basis

Answer by admckenzie at 9:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• With family is best.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• No, it's not wrong at all. Do you feel like she would tell you if it were too much? Maybe you could experiment with a babysitter on your date nights so she just has him during the week?

Answer by missanc at 10:01 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Nothing wrong with it if she's willing and able. If you are concerned about her health, then I would be more apt to move to day care. But again, if she is *able*, and she's teaching him, doing songs, crafts, etc., then it's a good set up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I think as long as your mom wants to keep him, let her. He's still so young and you know he's with someone who truely loves him. I have kept lots of friend's kids, and my own grandkids, I feel I want to do it until they are 3, then they are not babies anymore, and can get along in social situations. They can talk, and tell you what went on that day. I am now watching my granddaughter who is 17 months, I''ll keep her until she is 3 and started preschool. I prefer this and so does my dd. My dd will be having another baby in August, and it may be hard, but I plan on keeping both of them.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 1:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2010