Can anyone tell me if you can use pictures on the web for your website??

Im starting an Event Planning Business and would like to know where you can find pictures on the internet like party favor ideas and stuff like that to post the pic on my webpage??? Please let me know!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• NO PHOTOS YOU FIND ON THE WEB ARE STILL COPYRIGHTED no matter where you find them. Don't just google search for an image and think you can use it!

I recommend taking photos of things you actually make. Or if it's something you will "keep in stock" buy it, take a photo of it. If you take the photo, you can use it THERE ARE RESTRICTIONS ON THAT TOO THOUGH! such as trademarked characters and such.

Anonymous

• If you can, it's best to use your own pictures. If you find pictures you like on the internet, you have to get approval from the owner of the picture before placing it on your website.
    Anonymous

• You should not be stealing others pictures. You need to show pictures of your own work.
    Anonymous

• You can use sites such as this:  Free Digital Photos

Anonymous

• read the Terms of Use of that site posted above, the free digital photos.

*Photos may not be used on products where the image is the sole reason someone would buy the product - for example greetings cards, mugs, calendars, T-shirts and so on

So if you are posting the images to get people to buy the service from you, NO you can't use this site.

*If you use a free image on a website, you must place a text hyperlink on that website to the photographer's portfolio page on FreeDigitalPhotos.net. This includes forums, blogs and networking sites such as MySpace.

Do you really want your site cluttered with all the links from the site to the different photographers?

Anonymous

• THANK YOU SOO MUCH!! I will DEF. not use the pics..i wasnt going to i just wanted to make sure and see if their were pics out there I was allowed to use..
    kprincess19

Answer by kprincess19 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2010