what do u think of this quote?

"A white face goes with a white mind. Occasionally a black face goes with a white mind. Very seldom a white face will have a black mind." ~Nikki Giovanni

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's a fair statement.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I don't think it's accurate. What is the difference between a white mind and a black mind?

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• to me, it just says that the person that said it is ignorant.

Sorry, I didn't realize white people thought one way, black people another, and that we can't think the same.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the quote. At least in my life it has been true from what I've seen.
    Anonymous

• how does 1 have a white or black mind? lol
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• This sounds like either A) they are insulting white minds or B) they are insulting black minds either way it's racist and not accurate at all. What race is this nikki person? No mind is any greater than another due to skin color. It has to do with level of maturity and compassion for others, in my opinion anyway, that makes a great mind. There are some very intelligent people (rich and poor black and white)that don't have the good sense god gave a goose, and in this case I'd say this person is one of them.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 10:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I think it is not only racist but incorrect.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Well, I will start off with I understand the quote but do not agree with it.

What she is saying is that a White person couldn't think on behalf of Black people because they have not been through what they have. Now, I disagree with this strongly. I grew up in the poorest part of New Orleans East went to majority Black schools. I think I related well with Black people. I have Black family now and I know what they went through because I went through it too. I am also Irish and I have educated myself in the history of the Irish slave trade that went hand in hand with the African slave trade.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• What? How does a mind have a color? I thought we were supposed to be beyond the white/black divisiveness. I guess some of us aren't.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:44 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• this is another quote from teh same author --- disturbing!!
    **er Can you kill Can you kill Can a ni**er kill Can a ni**er kill a honkie Can a ni**er kill the Man Can you kill ni**er Huh? Ni**er can you kill Do you know how to draw blood Can you poison Can you stab-a-Jew Can you kill huh? Ni**er Can you kill Can you run a protestant down with your 56;68 El Dorado (that57;s all they57;re good for anyway) Can you kill Can you piss on a blond head Can you cut it off Can you kill A ni**er can die We ain57;t got to prove we can die We got to prove we can kill [More]

so this author was a professor who is blamed when one of his students acts out one of his f-ed up plays in real life... link --
    http://www.libertysflame.com/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=3505
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:27 AM on Jan. 18, 2010