HELP!! How do I get my baby to eat something other than cheese?!?!

My now 10 and a half month old refuses to eat anything except cheese! She is teething again but regardless, she wont eat any baby food, wont eat her cereal... what do I do! I wanted so badly to feed her healthy, natural, only good for you foods but now I can't get her to eat anything except cheese!!!! PLEASE HELP! Any advise???

hollysybb

Asked by hollysybb at 10:03 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Children go thru phase of eating . Somedays they will eat lot and others barely anything at all. I do recommend to lay off on the cheese. it will make her constipated.
    Anonymous

• just keep trying... my son has gone through many of these phases.. all you can really do is keep offering other foods. is she still on formula or BF? is so then she is getting enough nutrition that way so i wouldn't worry too much about the cheese fetish lol just keep trying eventually she will start eating something else.

good luck!
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• try table food
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Find foods that could be mistaken for cheese and give them to her instead. Steamed califlower sliced like cheese is. Make sure it is mushy enough. Sliced potato, sweet potatoe, get creative. In the produce section they have sliced cheese that is actually tofu.
    Anonymous

• Dairy is a allergy trigger and should not be given to a baby under one. Please, no more cheese for a few weeks.

Offer your baby mashed versions of what you are eating: avocado, baked sweet potato, apples, peas, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:13 AM on Jan. 18, 2010