Recurring miscarriages before 6 weeks....

Has anyone experienced this? Have you been diagnosed a cause. I'm currently 5 weeks pregnant and bleeding. I've endured several miscarriages before the 6th week. I'm curious if anyone has as well and know the cause.

crazypianochick

Asked by crazypianochick at 10:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• are you on any medications?

thats is the only thing that comes to mind, my mother had 5 miscarriges at varying stages and found out it was her medication, that the docs had told her was safe. Once she stop taking the meds she was fine.

here is a site that discusses this http://www.justmommies.com/articles/recurrent-miscarriage.shtml
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• in addition to what the PP said, you may have a uterus condition. Talk to your doctor about doing an HSG dye test. Its uncomfortable but it will show any abnormalities in the shape of your uterus.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• You should have tests done to see if you have Antiphosholipid Syndrome
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Well there are lots of reasons you maybe having these.

Genetic/Chromosomal Defects... age plays a factor.
    Uterine abnormalities
    Incompetent Cervix
    Luteal phase defect
    Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
    Autoimmune Disorders
    There is some evidence that defects in the male’s sperm may cause miscarriage.

You should talk to your doctor and get to the bottom of these multiple miscarriages.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I agree with seeing a doctor. Most likely it is a luteal phase defect (would need progesterone support right after ovulation) but could still be a uterine abnormality (septated uterus or bicornuate uterus) or some kind of blood/genetic disorder.

If you have other children then I would probably lean towards a luteal phase defect. But for recurring miscarriages, you really need to see a reproductive endocrinologist. I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a child over and over.
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 2:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2010