What food is always a tradition in your family?

Hot wings, (from Buffalo), Greens, Meatloaf, Mac&cheese, Pinto beans, Corn Bread, Dressing, Ox Tails, Fried Potatoes, Pork Chops, Fried fish& salad

Yellowrose9

Asked by Yellowrose9 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Roast beef, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, sliced tomatoes in the Summer.. Oh god now I'm hungry!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Lasagna, spaghetti, soup.

Answer by Bmat at 10:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• apple salad. it is the bomb.
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 10:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• We don't have any really, but maybe lumpia? DH's grandma made it for us. MIL finally taught me how last year. Now, dd can make it, so that's 4 generations making the same recipe.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My family in panama which i havnt seen in 7yrs :( tradition food is chicken & rice wit veggies mix in (and the rice is yellow) and tamales.
    here in usa my bf family its always mashed potatoes, roast beef, gravy, meatloaf and different kind of homemade pies.
    20_mama_3

Answer by 20_mama_3 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• meat pie, cabbage rolls
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:36 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• No traditional food in our family. My mom was a waitress and we ate at her work all the time and I reared my children on fast food. (no I'm not proud of that but I did)

Answer by admckenzie at 10:36 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• A dish called Balki- it's basically sauerkraut, meatballs and a tomato sauce that's a Czech dish I believe, but I'm the 4th generation at least that continues to make it and I'm proud of it. And it's still my favorite dish! I hope my daughter grows to like it and will continue to make it when she's an adult. :)
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 11:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• chocolate - must have everyday if just a few choc chips
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Yorkshire pudding! We used to have at least twice a month growing up. Now I make it all the time.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2010