joyfully waiting? - looking for responces from Christians

Ok so I know that God does things on his time, and we are supposed to joyfully wait for what he has in sotre for us and seek his will....BUT....as a single mom from day 1 of a now 6 1/2 year old boy all I want is a good man for a husband and a father for my son, how do I stop letting this desire run my life and thoughts dailybasis and joyfully wait for what God has in store?
I am REALLY struggling with this.
Thanks.

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Just because God has a plan for you doesn't mean that you should obsess over it. If He has a plan for you it will happen. Keep your faith and live your life. God's plan will come to pass.
    Anonymous

• The problem is how to I stop being overcome with this wish.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Pray.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 10:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• How do you know that is "His Will" maybe "His Will" is for you to be the best single Mom to your God Given Gift ...NO strings... Lead your Son with your example...
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I think you just have to work on being happy in your current situation. I think that only you (well and God of course) can bring yourself complete happiness. I also think that in times like that, God may be keeping that perfect person away from you until you are content with who you are. So do things you love, take up classes or a hobby if you can, go to church if you don't. You never know when or where you are going to meet that person. And keep your eyes and heart open, he may not be what you are expecting and you don't want to pass him right by! Good luck!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• When you're not looking thats when it will happen, let it rest.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• MELRN - I don't know that it is his will....it is mine. And I am trying to figure out how to release the STRONG desirive and give it to God. It is just HARD. I want this not only for myself but for my son. (his father is not in his life at all) I don't think it is an unhelthy desire, but I think that the level of which it has taken over my thoughts is. Does that make sence at all?
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Do you know the story of Abraham and Isaac? Abraham was told to give up Isaac right. He loved Isaac SOOO much but He Loved God more... so in faith he placed Isaac on the Altar. Out of this obedience, God gave him Isaac and told Abraham that He sees His love for Him.

SO must you do with this dream. Place it on the altar by faith and in obedience and His Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.
    The question is this: Do you love God more than your dream or do you love your dream more than God? Obedience is better than sacrifice... meaning it is better to obey God in all things.
    Above all pray and ask Jesus to help you give this dream up. I had to do this recently , give up a dream, a friendship that I hoped would be restored and maybe someday it will but I had to let the dream go. That doesnt mean I dont stop thinking about it, I just trust God that His will is perfect and His plans are better than mine.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• It is only in Him that our joy will be full... no one else can give us Joy except the ONE Who IS Joy ! :-) When we joyfully wait it means we wait in His joy! The bible says the Joy of the Lord is our strength! Amen to that!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I liked QandA's answer. It will happen when you're not looking, lol. Meanwhile, concentrate on your relationship with Christ, and your family.
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 10:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2010