If you get foodstamps

How much do you get, how many people are in your household,and is it enough to last you the month? Do you get any other sort of government assistance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• $671 per month. We have 4 kids and DH and I. We are both unemployed due to medical problems. Sometimes it lasts the month, sometimes it doesn't. Our youngest daughter is on special formula because of FTT, so it depends on how much formula she uses that month. We usually spend about $80 per week on her formula...
    Anonymous

• $600 in food stamps
    5 people
    the kids and hubby (disabled) get medicaid, I'm SOL on health coverage
    no other assistance.
    Anonymous

• i don't now, but we use to. we had 7 people in our household and recieved 420 a month. we could get by with that most months but generally had to spend maybe 100 more...we also recieved secondary medicaid for my SKs and medicaid for myself and my daughter. we also qualified for energy assistance toward propane and electric in the winter.
    Anonymous

• we get a little over 500 a month i work but only a few hours bc of school and i have 2 kids and we all get medicaid also, but thats it. it usually lasts us until the very week before it is renewed, and we usually have more than enough to last until then, so yes we make it solely on that, i rarely have to spend out of pocket.
    Anonymous

• We get $173 FS and it's DD, me, Hubby. I work 30 hrs wk and we also get insurance and have a monthly payment of $66 for me and Hubby. Ya we get by so out of pocket maybe $50-$100 for food and are bills a month are $1265 we make ends meet. My Hubby is Laidoff and has been for over a year his UE is ending in 2 weeks.
    Anonymous

• It's my 18 month old and me. We get $170 in food stamps each month (NY State). We usually use the whole amount. My daughter gets WIC, but I only redeem about 1/2 of the food vouchers. I don't like wasting food.

I get Disability ($788) per month, and my daughter gets a Social Security Child's Stipend of $394. So our monthly household income is $1182.

My rent is $445, and I pay $282...Section 8 pays the rest.

We both get Medicaid, and I also get Medicare.
    Anonymous

• We get 500 a month for 3 people and yes it lasts the month. No we get no other assistance
    Anonymous