Avacado?

hey

so i have never tried it nor do i know how to eat it or cook it... i know people use it to make guacamole but i dont know what else or how to make it or what do u even eat with guacamole anyone know??? Can you also tell me other ways to eat/cook it and what to eat with it.. thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• ok take a "mushy" one cut the long way around with a knife ---wist open with your hand squeeze some lime onto it and eat it with a spoon... soooo good! dont try it without the lime-- it's like tequila you need training wheels LOL
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Sliced on a turkey sandwich, cubed in a salad. Spread on crackers. It actually has a very mild taste, it has a smooth creamy texture.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• You can try it on sandwiches or salads. I love avocado, and it's funny that you posted this, because I just used two avocados to make guacamole, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I heat it plain with salt on it :D very yummy!

goes good in salads, sandwiches, and pairs well with just about any mexican food
    Anonymous

• I just made guacamole dip too...lol ..two avocados with garlic powder and salt and one diced garlic clove and some diced red peppers... add some baked lays chips and you've got a great snack!
    Anonymous

• I use quacamole on my sandwiches instead of mayo but I saw today on tv that you can eat slices of avacado like an apple. The chef just cut it in slices and peeled it and put it on a plate to eat as is.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• you don't have to really "cook" it. Just find a ripe one and slice it open. Add some salt or lime and enjoy! Make sure it's ripe though cuz if it's not...yucky.
    Anonymous

• BLAT sandwiches- bacon, lettuce, avocado, tomato. or this one is adventurous but just delicious, at least my family loves it- cut in half a nice ripe but still a little firm avocado. in a bowl mix (this sounds very strange but so wonderful) red wine vinegar, yellow mustard, a can of drained tiny shrimp, mashed garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper. pour over the avocado and eat!!!!
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 11:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My favorite way to have it is sliced and then cut into bite size pieces then tossed with pasta and a light butter or olive oil sauce right before serving, put a salmon steak on top and drizzle with lime juice. So yummy and so good for you.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My favorite way to eat avocado is mashed on a piece of whole grain toast, with sliced tomato and a sprinkle of sea salt. I also make a healthy pudding; guacamole, avocado salad (great with quesadillas and black bean soup). I have an awesome recipe called southwest falafel; it is essentially bean cakes with avocado sauce (cheap, healthy, fabulous!!!)

Send me a message offlist if you would like some recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:08 AM on Jan. 18, 2010