HUGE choice,i just dont want them to be mad at me:(

my parents live in virginia.(where im from) i live in oklahoma now. i can only visit once a year due to the cost of airline tickets for both me and my dd. i always go there.they have never came here.anyways i always go there around taxes because then i have the extra money.this year i will be 5 months pregnant at the time and i will have to haveone stop due to non-stop flights are way too expensive. my husbane is afraid the stress and turbulance and no insurance in va while im there (just in case) and so am i.if i dont go this year it will have been 2 years since they will have seen me or my dd by the time i go next year.what to do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Just for information sake I think you should double check with your insurance company and employer too if the plan is through them, if you're covered out of state. That's extremely restrictive of a life to have insur. like that. Maybe you misunderstood?

Since you'll be pregnant ask if their present to you of a gift could be that they come when they get word the baby's arrived, or soon after.

Congratulations!!!! I hope you don't feel guilty - now is time for extra nurturing for yourself. Your hubby's so nice!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• explaine that you dont want to travel far prego, and ask if they can come visit you once baby is born
    good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Go, you will be fine. Your insurance will cover you in whatever state you are in even if it's medicaid, in some emergency.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Don't go, your parents will understand you are doing what's safest for you and your baby.. see is they can come visit you.
    Anonymous

• I would definitely go see them. Insurance should cover you in any state. You will be fine with turbulance and all. Esp if you have connecting flights you will be able to take a rest. Don't worry I have known people to get on flights when they are late in their pregnancy. It's fine. You can ask your dr for a copy of your charts so just ini case soemthing happens you will have it on file. Thats what mine recommended if I was going to fly while pregnant. Good luck and congrats!

Also, you could ask if they could come visit you since you are pregnant and they havent visited yet.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I would say to go.. I flew at 6 mos pregnant to see my mom for thanksgiving.. but if you are really that uncomfortable maybe use the excuse of the economy along with it and offer to 'help' pay for them to come and see you
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Tell them to pay or hush up.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 11:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I think it is your parents turn. Traveling with a child is very stressful and even more so with mulitple stops AND begin pregnant. Your parents should understand and if they don't...wow, that's bad.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Oops, forgot to add....I would go after the baby is born so they could meet the baby....just save the money. If it were my child I would go visit or at the very least I would want her to come after the baby was born.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:36 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I'd go or ask my parents to come see me,if they are worried over finances, give em an early grandparents day gift and pay for their flight..lol
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 1:20 AM on Jan. 18, 2010