House hold chores him vs her.

So I need to know what "house hold responsibilities" You have compared to your husband/SO. Example : laundry, dishes, vacuuming, trash duties, ect.

staciaw

Asked by staciaw at 10:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ummm....my hubby cleans up the kitchen and living room about once a month....and thats it, everything else is mine, trash, dishes, cooking, dirty clothes, bathrooms, etc.......i also have the kids 90 percent!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• he is supposed to clean the floors, the bathrooms, take out the trash & take it to the curb on trash day, and mow the lawn...

notice I said supposed to... LOL

oh and he is also in charge of the kids' baths
    he does actually do that one regularly with minimal reminding ;o)

I do the dishes, cooking, other cleaning, laundry, taking care of the kids, shopping, and anything else you can think of.
    Anonymous

• I don't do trash unless I have to, we do dishes, I do most of the laundry, we vacuum, I dust, I sweep and wash the floors, I do the bathrooms, we do our room his side/her side, he cleans his garage, we do the basement, he does the lawn maintenance and outside care.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I forgot about the cooking----I always do it and I would like some much for someone else to do it once in awhile, but that ain't happening here!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I did practically everything. Now my parents moved in with us and I've gotten a lot more help. Hubby was supposed to do the pool, take out trash, and upkeep on the front/back yards. He ignores the pool, forgets the trash, and usually tries to get our 5yo to clean up outside.
    Anonymous

• I clean the house, cook, dishes, laundry, etc. All he HAS to do is take the garbage out for me on his way to work. I stay home to take care of the home. He does the dishes sometimes... lol
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 11:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• i do all the house cleaning but my back pain gotten worse so now its hard to get to do all my activities - btu he has always done same chores as i do. if i dont get to them he does them and sends me to rest or we do them togetther. Sundays are usually clean days were we clean the whole house were we go thru every1 room and organize the dressers and go thru clothes, vacuum everything etc. & we hve the kids help out here and there wit their room or toys.
    Theres one thing i cant do -- washing the floor or walls. thats something he does. Bcse all those cleaning supplies gives me nausea, dizzy & my headaches gets worse etc. that even when he is washin the floor i have to go outside.
    But all the chores on the house i do them & he helps me all time specially now that i cant do much as i used to :(
    20_mama_3

Answer by 20_mama_3 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I do inside chores. He does outside chores. Since trash goes from in to out, I close up the bag and put in a new one. He takes it to the can.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My hubby is a saint! He does ALL the dishes, most of the yardwork (I garden) and helps out with laundry and cooking when I need it.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• When my hubby is working - he works anywhere from 12-16 hours per day. He works outside in all weather - all year long. SO - I do most of the things around the house. HOWEVER - when he is home, or on weekends - or whatever... he takes out trash, will help with laundry, will cook meals, will vacuum... on the weekends he almost ALWAYS gets up with our son so i can sleep a little while longer, and gets him ready for bed at night... I really have a great husband!!!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:34 AM on Jan. 18, 2010