bleeding at 39 weeks?

ill be 39 weeks tuesday and i was in the shower and i had bright red blood dripping down my leg and i had been cramping horribly last night im not sure why this happened but its not bleeding anymore, what should i do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You should definitely call your doctor or go to the hospital ASAP. Whatever it is, it doesn't sound normal.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• i think you should have been called the emergency room and talked to the doc on call.
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 11:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• your baby may be dropping, you could have lost your mucus plug, or you could be getting close to delivery time. either way, i recommend calling the doctor.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• get off the computer and call the doctor!
    Anonymous

• I would call the doc ASAP
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• My doctor said any fluid loss or bleeding needs to be called in to her. Call the answering service at her office or labor and delivery at the hospital. Congrats and good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• call the doctor ASAP!1 your placenta could be detaching from your wall. this is a big emergency
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I am not a "call the doc" type of mommy but in this situation, I would advice you to call your doc immediately. As piwife said, you could be experiencing placenta abruption and that is an emergency and the baby would need to be taken immediately. Even with no blood now, I feel you need to go in to be checked. They can determine it by u/s even if the bleeding has stopped. But just to clarify... was it really "bright red blood" or could it have been mucousy blood that just scared you?? Blood with mucous is common at the end of pregnancy and is no cause for concern. But bright red or watery blood can signal an emergency and most docs would have you come in immediately
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• GOOOOO!!! OMG!! Good LUCKK!!! Youre about to have a baby!!!!! :O
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:27 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Im 39 weeks and im dialated to a 4 or 5 and i lost my plug and was bleedin alot last night , but were good today baby is movin like crazy . how long do i have you think . the snot things came out.
    jessica407

Answer by jessica407 at 9:10 AM on Sep. 13, 2012