When does the average 2nd time mom start to show to the point you can't hide your tummy anymore?

i dont think i started to show the first time until 18 weeks or so? i am trying wait as long as possible to tell my employer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think it depends on a few things, one is how far apart are your babies, but some women just show sooner than others.
    With my first son I didn't show until I was almost 6 months pregnant....and I so wanted to wear maternity clothes. With my 2nd son, I was probably about 4 months pregnant, maybe 5, but he was 6 years later. With my 3rd son, my 2nd son was only 15 months old when I got pregnant, and I showed very early. Again, I think every woman is different, and every pregnancy can be different as well. You can probably dress carefully and get away with it for awhile. Good luck.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:30 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• i was 13 wks, with my first i was 16 wks
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I'm 16 weeks with my second and you can't tell I'm pregnant unfortunately, I just look poochy and bloated. My DD 19 months and I did get my muscle tone back and lost the baby weight but I think once your uterus stretches it will show faster the next time. I can't wait til its obvious so I can start wearing comfy clothes.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:42 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• With my first I really did not get a belly until 7 months, I had a little pooch that looked like I ate a big meal but that was about it until then. With my second I started getting the belly around 4 months and they were two years apart.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 12:54 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Each person is different, depending on your body. With my first I started to look fat at about 10-12 weeks, my answer to this was to buy a "I'm not fat, I'm knocked up" shirt. By 16-20 weeks I was readily wearing maternity clothing. This time around I started to show much sooner, around 12 weeks. As they say, your body knows what's going on and tends to "relax" much sooner each time.
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 10:42 AM on Jan. 18, 2010