would you take it?

We were driving home from a friend's house tonight, and saw a Power Wheels car out on the curb by someone's trash dumpster. It looked nice and ds has been wanting one. Would you have stopped and taken it? I'm not sure if it works, but could always borrow a friend's battery/charger and try it out....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would have knocked on the door and asked before just taking it.
    Anonymous

• We didn't take it. But I'm debating going back.
    Anonymous

• ha! i drove around a double stroller that was just left out in a street for an hour. went home and came back, loaded it up like it was mine...it was great, of course second hand but it worked for me!!!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• i agree go knock on their door and ask if they are getting rid of it and if they mind if you take it.. they can also tell you if it works or not...
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Whenever I see something like that I go to the door and ask first if they're throwing it away, and then ask if it's because it's broken/bad or just because they don't need it anymore. Followed with a "do you mind if I take it?".
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I would have taken it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• We are big-time dumpster divers (though I really hate those things!!)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:54 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i would ask first one of the kids could have left it there
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i would just clean it off ofcourse, but just because it's in the trash don't always mean it's trash, so yeah i think it's fine just clean it off really good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Sure if your son wanted it! They put it out there because they didn't want it for whatever reason. I'd bet it was because the battery was dead, the batteries cost upwards of $50.....but for $50 your son would have his own power wheels!!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 11:52 AM on Jan. 18, 2010