question about mirena the IUD

so i have had mirena for almost a year, and y periods are sparatic... but i havent had one in quite a while...is that normal to miss like three months? i havent missed three but am getting close. I am terrified of going in because if i am pregnant, it would be really hard to hear... has this happened to you on mirena? have you missed lots of periods? i cannot remember if it is normal or not

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i never had a period on mirena.. i had it put in at my 6 week checkup after having my son. Got it taken out a year later due to complications...so all together with pregnancy and mirena I didn't have a period for 1 yr and 8 months or so.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• I have had mine in for 5 years and absolutely love it! The only crummy part was right at the beginning when I had my period for what seemed like an entire 3 months! My period has been virtually nonexistent since, save for the occasional smear. If you experience any problems DO NOT hesitate! Get your doc to at least do an ultrasound to be sure it is in place. For me, it has been care-free and I would gladly get another one when the time comes to replace it. Take care!
    anoot

Answer by anoot at 12:06 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Girl... you better get your butt to the doctor. Anything could happen and the risk is not worth delaying treatment because of your fear. Your Vag is nothing to mess around with... Good luck and hope all is okay.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 1:07 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• It sounds totally normal. I have it too and it was heavy as hell until about a couple of months ago. Ive read that its SUPPOSED to make your periods go way a lot, with occasional spotting.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 18, 2010