Why cant we respect eachothers religion? There are 2 posts out that are basically bashing Catholics and Jehovah's witnesses. It's uncalled for and rude. Why can we just have respect for eachother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am one of jws and certaintly don't force my beliefs on anyone. If a householder said no thanks but.... i would say thankyou and leave. If you really dont want anyone to EVER call again please tell the jw to not call again. We place your details on our records and put you down as a DO NOT CALL. We want to talk to people who are interested in what we have to tell them about gods kingdom and follow the command in the Bible.(matt 28 v 19 , 20) We do not wish to receive abuse from people. There is no excuse in the world to bash people no matter how justified you feel.
    kalada

Answer by kalada at 3:44 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• because the definition of respect differes from person to person. I had to take my religion on of my myspace page because I would get so many friend request from people who wanted to bring me to Jesus. I like to think these people think they are helping.
    If it was as simple as all that, this world would be a much less complicated place.
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 11:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• i respect others views on their faith. unfortunately, i'm used to getting bashed and accused because I'm a JW. It's ok, God sees everything.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 11:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• because the anti Catholic one is a disgruntle Catholic and it makes her feel better. I suspect she is doing what she can to convince her self the Catholic church is wrong.
    Anonymous

• I do respect people of other religions, but I don't respect when people try to force their religion on me (such as Jehovah's witnesses). I've studied many religions extensively, and I take it as an insult when they act as though I'm "lost" because I'm not part of their religion. Mormons have approached me with the same attitude, if not worse.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• not everyone that is a JW tries to force anything. i know a couple of people in my hall that is a little too much, i never do. if you dont want to hear anything, i thank you and walk away. I dont force anything on anybody.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:09 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• It hurts my feelings when people bash Seventh Day Adventists. I think they have some misconceptions about them. The cult idea came from some cult leaders who were removed from the church. They aren't a cult, I am not a practicing Adventist, but I was raised one, and a lot of the people I know who are are normal everyday, hardworking people. And I was tought growing up in the church not to fight with others about religion, that it only leads to turmoil. Some people are just my way or the highway
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:15 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• btw they are considered Christians!lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I agree with StefanieN84 completely. If I wanted info on being a JW I would contact them. I don't need them showing up at my door and invading my privacy and personal space while I am at home. I feel like showing up at their house and seeing if they'd like to buy some sex toys that I often sell and see how much they appreciate that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• If I wanted info on being a JW I would contact them. I don't need them showing up at my door and invading my privacy and personal space while I am at home. I feel like showing up at their house and seeing if they'd like to buy some sex toys that I often sell and see how much they appreciate that.
    -----------------

I didnt know that I wouldve like the JW religion had they not showed up at my door. There is no way of them knowing that you dont want info unless the ask. I've never barged into someones home, i only go in if i'm invited. and about the sex toys, i would just say thank you but no thank you, i wouldnt try to hurt your feelings about it and i certainly wouldnt feel as though you were invading my privacy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Jan. 18, 2010