premie coughing and sneezing

my daughter has started coughing and sneezing alot, and it worrys me cause she is only a month. She has been home for 2 weeks and this just started on friday. My son at 18 months had the bad cough and I think he give it to her. Should I take her to the ER or the Doctor? She wont eat and just sleeps all day, she has no fever. I take her temp every feeding and she is very cold. Anyone can help? It worrys me alot cause she was born at 31 week and is very small... thanks for you time

i_am_ur_kittie

Asked by i_am_ur_kittie at 11:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she wheezing or just coughing? Have you turned on the humidifier?
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Does she nurse/bottle? How many wet diapers has she had today? Call the er and see what they say.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 11:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• she was put on formula when came home and she hasnt had a wet diaper yet, she is having a hard time pooping. she coughing is like wheezing but she has a stuffy nose.

i_am_ur_kittie

Answer by i_am_ur_kittie at 11:59 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Call the dr. If she hasn't been wetting her diapers she may be dehydrated. I'm so sorry to know she's sick right after bringing her home. We took DS in to ER after having him home a week. He was in the NICU for a month.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Just go to the doctor ASAP. She's a preemie and at risk for RSV. My preemie caught pnemonia three times in which he was hospitalized. Each time it started with just a little cough. He didn't even act off. Don't chance it, you can't be too relaxed about everyday colds with preemies. Good luck.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 18, 2010