Red dry skin

my son has some patches of reddish dry flaky skin on his face. I don't know what it is and I haven't seen his dr yet. I was wondering if it might be eczema or just a reaction to the weather (cold from outside and heat from inside). Has anyone's baby had this at all??? *hes 2months old*

krisholl2285

Asked by krisholl2285 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• use petroleum jelly on it, it should get better fast if it's just dry. and yes, my son has it all the time, but he's 19 months now and it's smaller bumps and more of them.
    marykay22

Answer by marykay22 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• keep lotion on it.. something really greasy.. idk about petroleum jelly.. i wouldn't use that but there are other good lotions to get for dry skin
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:56 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Please don't put petroleum byproducts on a baby. If you have coconut oil, this is best; olive oil is ok

Answer by rkoloms at 6:50 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• It could be either, but most likely the cold weather and dry indoor air. I recommend getting a humidifyer on in the house to put moisture in the air and a fragrance free baby lotion. I know we all love the "baby smell" of johnson and johnson's but that fragrance not to mention the pink coloring are both DRYING to babies skin! I recently bought Aveno Baby Soothing Relief Moisture Cream which says: "Soothes and relieves dry skin, even dry skin from eczema" And it does help a lot.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2010