What do you do to make your childs birthday special?

Anything special that you like to do for your kids? Any traditions? My sons birthday is Wednesday and am looking to make it extra special!

What about when you were a kid? Do you remember any special birthdays? What made them special?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I always let them pick out a special dinner. Whatever they want for dinner that night, I make it. If it is chicken nuggets and mac and cheese, that is what we have :) My oldest's fave is lasagna....mmmm!! I also always make their cake for their party. I did order their first birthday cake, but I have made every one of them since. It is something I enjoy and they think I am supermom!! What mom wouldn't like that?! If we have their party on a weekend, we always let them open one or two presents ON their birthday, just to make their day special. We make birthdays really a big deal. To us, they are the most important 'holidays' we have, and what better way to celebrate the day they were born than making it their day. The most important thing we do is spend time with them and do things they like to do....within reason, of course. And you dont' have to spend a lot of money. It is the time and tradition that they will remember!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• We take a trip somewhere for now due to the kids being too young to have anyone they want. They get toys and a trip and to us that is very special.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 12:17 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I have this cake pan that makes 6 small cakes in the shape of presents. I intend to make it a tradition to bake them every year for my son. So he gets his very own cake! Going to try and decorate it different every year.
    marykay22

Answer by marykay22 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Marykay22 where did you get that pan? I'd love to buy one!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My daughter is in elementary school so for her birthday every year I pick her up and lunchtime and take her out for a special lunch with myself and her Dad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i always give the kids the option them and one friend to a special place or having a big party at home.....i would say most times they have pick the friend and a special place over the party.....and it doesnt have to be expansive my girls like 20$ and hanging at the mall (14,12), my son (8) chuckie cheese (but only on a slow day)
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• We do the special dinner thing usually too. And if we don't do a party (which we don't every year), we go to Cold Stone and a movie.
    AddyLeigh

Answer by AddyLeigh at 10:45 AM on Jan. 18, 2010