How can you tell when your child was conceived?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you just have to guess, unless you are like me and only have sex about twice a month. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• By looking closely at your cycle. If you chart it, you will know. If you didn't chart, count back two weeks from when you expected your period, that's when you likely concieved (not two weeks from the first day, like doctors count). If you have a very irregular cycle it is best to date your pregnancy either with charting or with an early (before 12 weeks) ultrasound.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:12 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i was told the baby can take up to 2 weeks to actually "settle" into your uterus, so they can only tell you how old the baby is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Anon :13, that's true, but the baby will still have been growing that whole time. It doesn't stay an egg until it implants. So an ultrasound done before 12 weeks is fairly accurate at predicting a due date (or conception date)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:15 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• As the first poster said, we hardly have sex, so there was only a few days it could have possibley happened for me... Also though, there was one night, I remember thinking, *circumstances* were perfect for conception to happen, and wouldn't ya know,it was the first time we tried, and i got pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I think that two to three weeks after I conceived, I had strong intestinal pain..this was confirmed by a blood test. I think some people use the charting family planning method
    Lulu_101

Answer by Lulu_101 at 4:17 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• 2 weeks after the first day of your last period is typically when you're most fertile. So if you know what day that was, go 2 weeks from there and you'll be awfully close.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Thanks everyone:):)
    jewells999

Answer by jewells999 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2010