How do I fix my babies sleep schedule?

My baby has reflux that has been causing her a lot of pain. She had barely been sleeping and was nursing all the time for comfort. We just got medication for her yesterday and it is helping a lot. The problem is now that she is not in pain she is sleeping a lot more but not at the right times. She is taking a long nap from about 5 PM til 9 PM and then staying awake until about 3 AM then sleeping well until about noon just waking once to eat. How do I change her schedule? Going back to work soon so I would like it more consistent.

xredstarsx

Asked by xredstarsx at 12:27 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when she goes down for a nap wake her up at about 6:30 and then put her to bed when you want her bed time to be. My baby had his days and nights confused so I had to take a day were I woke him up during the day and kept him up so I can put him down to sleep at 8 p.m wich is now his bed time. The baby will not be happy about it but it only take a day of waking her up and putting her down to sleep at the schedule you want her to sleep and that will make your life much easier, my baby is now 13 months and he still has his sleeping schedule since he was 3 days old.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:49 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• You just have to fight to keep her up... do not let her go take a nap that late its like the worst thing ... naps usually should be from 10-12 ish and 1-3 ish depending on how old the baby is... it'll take some getting used to but if you keep her stimulated while she's up and make sure she takes the naps at a good time then it'll fall into place
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:54 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Make the times you want her to be awake very stimulating...have the TV on for noise, have bright lights on, play with her, have toys out for her to see and/or play with, play music, carry on conversations.
    But when you want her to sleep, keep noise to a minimum, dim the lights, put all toys away ect.
    Make sure you can tell a definate difference around the house, that will help her to understand when she is to sleep.

BUT, this may not work, she is still a small baby and sometimes they just dont understand, they sleep when they are tired so...good luck!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 8:01 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Here's the good news...she IS being consistent! And expect this schedule to change all on its own. Keep things bright in the dayttime., dark at night. About all you CAN do...sleep when she does and dump that which isn't needed for survival.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2010