When will mother nature visit me again?

I had my daughter in July (6 months ago) and had 1 period in August at the end of all the bleeding from my c-section. I know it was a period because all the bleeding had stopped for a week and then returned with the normal cramping cruddy feeling for 2 weeks. The doc said that was normal and it is common for that to happen right after and then to not see another one for a while. However, he didn't say how long. I know its common not to have one for months while exclusively bf, which I am... but when can I expect to have it back? Even though I am not regular to begin with, not having one worries me even more because if my hubby and I slip up, I can end up pregnant again and not even know it! I had no signs of pregnancy until the end with my daughter. I'm just curious. :)

Lizzys_mommy13

Asked by Lizzys_mommy13 at 12:40 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Health

• When I was exclusively bf'ing my dd, I didn't get a period at all. I nursed her for 16 months too so it could be the whole time you're nursing. Even when she started eating table foods occasionally and nursing less, I still didn't get one til the month after I stopped completely.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:26 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I went over a year and half without while breastfeeding my son, it just really depends on your body. With my daughter it was the same way.

My oldest was on formula by the time he was 3 months old so i got my period back before he was a year old, not sure when exactly but it did take awhile.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:49 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• for my 1st child, my period came at 6 mos, my second child 8 mos, and my twins was 15 mos. i ebf my 1st for 6 mos, my 2nd for 8 mos, and my twins for 8 mos.
    if you really don't want to get preggers now, then be careful!
    congrats on your baby!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2010