Walmart

For reasons unknown to me Walmart keeps some DVDs locked up. If you want to buy them you'll have to get the employees to unlock and get it for you. Some of the employees even treat you like you're some kind of thief or something, they personally have to take the DVD while you follow them to the cashier. Some of the DVDs cost only $5.00.

The other day I saw a $5.00 Barbie cartoon in the locked up section. I'd wanted to buy it for my daughter but changed my mind, in case some stupid employee would treat me like a thief or something. So today I went to Target and saw the same DVD, same price and I bought it there and then.

wanita61

Asked by wanita61 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Shopping

• I think they put certain things in lock up depending on their popularity. I think its overkill though. I had to get a pregnancy test unlocked for me!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:46 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Got to love Target :) It's one of those feel good stores, you just feel good when you shop there :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:46 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• lol sorry for your trouble, but I think this is hilarious. It's ridiculous lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• That is strange - it must just be your store because that is not a company policy. HOWEVER - they do keep certain things locked because you would NOT believe how easy it is to steal dvd's and cd's. When I was working, you wouldn't believe how many empty cases we would find and how much money we would loose EVERY DAY from this exact thing.

But that sounds VERY extreme. I would go to the customer service desk and get the phone number for the district and regional manager and make a call to them. That is WAY too extreme.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• The store by me never knows what it wants to lock up, I counted about 4 times in one month when Pregnancy tests and condoms were in a locked case,and when they were just on the shelf..crazy stuff..
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 1:12 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 6:34 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Wow, I don't think anything at my "local" WM is locked up...even things that are supposed to be aren't during the day (they lock up the electronics cases at night but during the day it's a free for all).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My local walmart doesn't anything lock up expect for some video games.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Sadly a lot of people are theifs and they don't just lock up stuff for fun.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:20 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• They don't lock up DVD's any of price at our Walmart. The five dollar movies are in a big bin in the center of the isle beside the electronics. All of the other movies are on the sleves or on a center rack. The only things they lock up in a case are the console video games. It might be that your Walmart has had a lot of theft and felt that it is better to lock up certain items.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:17 AM on Feb. 1, 2010