PEE PEE CONCERN

Ok i have a 3 year old who goes to the bathroom every 5 min . It all started today and im trying to figure our if that is bad or if its normal . He has been drinking liquid all day so i wondered if that was the case if anyone has any answers to my questions and tell me what might that be.

Carmela_D

Asked by Carmela_D at 12:48 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, if he has been drinking a lot thats probably it and also, at that age, they start to get intrigued by the bathroom for some reason. He may be excited that he gets to go potty now. As long as he's not having trouble going and he's not in pain he should be fine. Just be glad he "goes potty" and your aren't training anymore, ya know? :)
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 12:55 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My oldest did that while he was potty training. He also had to go to the bathroom everytime we stopped, even if the stops were five minutes apart because he wanted to check out every bathroom, lol. I'd say no worries on that one. If you become concerned, give the dr. a quick call, it never hurts and can give you peace of mind. He may not be releasing it all at once, but it takes practice for them to learn to empty their bladders completely, plus all the fluids.
    TruckersWife426

Answer by TruckersWife426 at 2:43 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Could be that he is fascinated with the bathroom, could be he drank too much, or could be a urinary tract infection. I would ask him if it hurts when he pees and if he says no then leave it alone and if he says yes then call the doc to have him checked for a UTI. Believe it or not boys (intact and circed) can get UTIs too. They treat them the same way they treat girls with an antibiotic.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2010