Do you believe Saints are omniscient?

This is for those people who pray to the saints. I have two questions:

How in the world can they hear more than one person's prayers at a time?

And do you have to pray to them outloud or do they read your thoughts like God?

Not bashing. Just curious : )

Cinnamon-mom

Asked by Cinnamon-mom at 12:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• LMAO!!!!!! this is hilarious saints are ppl just like u and me. Its like me making a statue of myself and then giving it to someone to pray to. Those ppl werent appointed by God. He is the only one you can pray to. WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT SAY YOU CAN PRAY TO SAINTS?!>!?!?!?!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• oh ye of little faith
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Yes I believe saints can hear our prayers even if they are not said out loud. I don't know if or how they can hear more then one prayer at a time only God knows how he created this world.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:26 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I believe God is omniscient and what ever God has chosen to reveal to the Saints in Heaven is up to God. I believe that when you die you are still part of Gods plan and are still worshipping God. I don't believe that when you die there is nothing. Do I know exactly what happens no I don't .

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:36 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Why do people "talk" to their loved ones who have died??? same principal applies to the saints! This little anti-catholic bit can be turned right back on around on other religions too. But you have singled out Catholics just to bash the religion.

IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH CATHOLICISM, THEN DON'T BECOME A CATHOLIC! THE END! STOP BASHING
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH CATHOLICISM, THEN DON'T BECOME A CATHOLIC! THE END! STOP BASHING\\\

shouting

shout this louder please

The anti Catholic sentiment is getting ridiculous. Satan is really working on this one as a few more have started to join the anti Catholic gang

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• why do you want to know? You don't pray to the saints
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• You are tyring to put a human explanation on heaven. Heaven is very much alive but is not earth. Saints in heaven are not limited to human limitations. Things like time, space, sight and hearing is not the same on earth. You cannot put a human limitation on the saints in heaven.

As to your questions

With God, it is all possible. ! Are you denying God can do this?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• How in the world can they hear more than one person's prayers at a time?

First, those in heaven are in heaven not earth. Heaven is not like a room next door.  And those in heaven are not limited by human bodies and brains.  So it makes no sense to me to place human limitations on souls in heaven - by God's grace through Jesus Christ they have been perfected and are in perfect unity with God.  And so since the bible teaches us clearly that it is good and beneficial for believers to pray for each other - and those in heaven would continue to follow the inerrant Word of God.  Death does not separate one from the Body of Christ -  I trust that God would provide a means for them to follow His teachings.

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 11:37 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• And do you have to pray to them outloud or do they read your thoughts like God?

Again, since those in heaven don't have physical ears and auditory nerves - speaking aloud is not necessary.  The exact mechnicsm of their knowledge - I don't know.  But since God has clearly indicated that there is one Body of Christ, that death does not separate us from God, that those in heaven are alive, and that all believers are to pray and help each other, and that bible demonstrates that those in heaven are somehow aware of us here on earth - I trust that God has some mechanism for those in heaven to be aware of our prayers.   Do you think God somehow segregates the human souls in heaven from other heavenly beings like angels so they're not aware as the angels clearly are?  Why do you think He would do that?  Why do you think God would divide His body?

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 11:42 AM on Jan. 18, 2010