Have any of you read the Communist Manifesto?

One of the things listed as an objective to achieve a communist society, is a heavy graduated progressive tax were the more income a person makes, the more they get taxed. So, do you think the government is taxing people becaue they truly need the money? Do you think they're trying to redistribute the wealth? Do you think all those taxes are neccassary,or is it a ploy to just take money and dump it into many failed programs they have no intentions of improving? Yes or No and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Required reading in my 10th grade World History class in the early 70s-

No, I do not think it's a vast, sudden conspiracy to tax Peter to pay Paul. Republicans govern 1 way (favoring Corps over the ppl) and the Dems take a different path. The country is on a new path for the first time in 8 years and changes have occurred with that turn of command. In addition, we are heavily involved in multiple wars, big businesses have moved off shore( in droves) taking away good, middle class jobs and a HUGE Corp tax base, leaving our personal economy in shambles. The poor and middle classes are suffering, as their jobs have been moved off shore or eliminated. Small business owners are being asked to pay more, and in order to make ends meet, are having to cut their payrolls. It's the domino effect. Who does the government turn to in times of need (Besides the Chinese?), those with $$$$.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:33 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• No, I do not think it's a vast, sudden conspiracy to tax Peter to pay Paul. Republicans govern 1 way (favoring Corps over the ppl) and the Dems take a different path.
    _________
    That is not a bias statement AT ALL! LOL Please, Bush was Liberal except for foreign policy and abortion. Thankfully he knew / had those who knew, instructing him on what the military needed and he did so with out playing 16 games of golf first. That statement above would be like me saying Dems govern one way (Favoring themselves while convincing the poor to stay poor)... see that is an OPINION and not at all a factual statement. Bush spent us into Oblivion and the "NEW" path is further in the hole than BUSH! Like 3 times as deep! The jobs wouldn't have moved off shore if Bush and Obama wouldn't have bailed out the other Corps which would have given those who didn't screw up incentive to stay here.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:32 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Yes, I have read it and I will continue to say this... the Democratic party is now the Marxist party and the Republican party is now the Old democratic party. It is pretty scary to see the shift. Yes, all the money is being dumped into wasteful programs. The spending bills that are FLYING though congress are filled with ear-marks and no one cares! It is appalling to hear a senator brag about a 300million dollar "fix" just for saying Yay. It is proven their thought on the redistribution of wealth... Obama announcing the plan on green jobs... remember according to Jones we GOTTA give pookie a JOB. They are saying we are going to see a double dip recession, but does Obama address this with a sane mind? NO he calls for ANOTHER stimulus!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:41 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Crissy.....all I can say is.......

you rock

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:14 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Yes, I've read it, and CRISSY said it all. Kudos, Crissy.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Crissy pretty much summed it up.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Just excerpts. And from that I know that at our level of taxation and government services, we are nowhere near communist. That's just a bunch of hyperbole so the drones can repeat the words of their overlords, the corporations and big finance. The Dems are not further left than they were. Taxes are still rock bottom, lower than they have ever been in recent history. Look it up. Bush was not a "liberal," he was an extremely poor financial manager that lowered taxes while spending more. That is not the def of "liberal" to anyone except the FOX talking heads.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Best Answer go's to Crissy!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:01 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Crissy personal comments are NOT facts, they are opinions. Isn't that what the question asked? I see no one here has an opinion except you and me. I never said Obama's PATH was any better than Bush's. I made a general statement about the historical direction of the 2 main parties, never assigning blame. The bandwagon folks jumped right on- Yes, they have both spent $$$, but in different ways. Again, never saying 1 was correct why the other depraved .

So do all you lovely Crissy supporters also believe that BUSH was a Communist, Marxist, Socialist. Anti-Christ Dictator? Crissy clearly does as she attached the L label to Bush.  Interesting how those comments weren't bantered around prior to this year!! You speak out of both sides of your mouths depending on how the wind blows. That's biased!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:37 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Crissy, compare the economic climate in the US between 1970 and 1985. How did the Leg and Ex branches of government respond to the economic challenges that our country was experiencing at that time? Describe the American sentiment at that time. Were ppl upbeat and optimistic wrt the economy, jobs, Vietnam and finance? Outline how pork spending has changed over time?

When did our country start down the road to Communism, iyo? Why?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:48 AM on Jan. 18, 2010